Why Use ElliotLeigh
Over the last 14 years ElliotLeigh has established itself as one of the leading agents in East London for letting properties to the private sector. We understand the needs of landlords and make it our priority to achieve the highest possible rents in the shortest space of time ensuring the service you receive is second to none.
Advertising is a key feature of our marketing strategy, upon instruction we will draft a property lettings sheet which will be handed to all prospective tenants. We will add the property to our website, shop front screens, 3rd party websites and local newspapers. We will also contact all suitable tenants in our database to arrange viewings. By marketing the property in this way we ensure that your property has MAXIMUM EXPOSURE to prospective tenants.
Your property will be marketed in the below ensuring maximum exposure:
- ElliotLeigh website
- ElliotLeigh shop front screens
- ElliotLeigh database of prospective buyers
- Local newspapers, including Evening Standard, East London Advertiser, East End life, Hackney Today, The News, Loot, property mart, Gumtree.
All tenants that move into a property must meet the strict referencing criteria set by ElliotLeigh. We use a 3rd party company called HomeLet to reference tenant ensuring that the tenants can not only financially afford to rent the property but will also take care of the property whilst they are living there.
All tenants that are referenced must meet the below criteria:
- Provided proof of identity
- Passed a credit check (through HomeLet)
- Provided a work reference a proof of income (through HomeLet)
- Provided a previous landlord reference (Through HomeLet)
- Non UK residents provide a visa showing they are entitled to live & work in the UK.
For more information on HomeLet you can either contact our office or visit their website at www.homelet.com.
As one of East London’s leading agents we will look to provide a level of service that lives up to all the expectations that prospective tenants and landlords require in this competitive market. Whether we are instructed to introduce or manage your property, we will always look to give you and any prospective tenant our undivided attention to meet you goal in letting your property.
We can offer landlords a numbers of services depending on their requirements / preference.
This is for landlords who want to manage the property and collect the rent, ElliotLeigh will introduce the tenant and advise on any legal requirements This service includes:
- Marketing the property
- Accompanied viewing with prospective tenants
- Negotiating rents / requirements between tenant and landlord.
- Taking holding deposits from prospective tenants
- Referencing tenants and guarantors through Homelet
- Ensuring the property meets current safety legislation
- Ensure that an inventory has been carried out at the property
- Preparing the AST & section 21
- Take the 1st months rent in advance prior to the agreement being signed
- Take 6 weeks rents as a security deposit prior to the agreement being signed
- Ensure that the AST & sec 21 is signed correctly and the pass the inventory to the tenant.
- Pay the landlord the rent in advance
- Place the deposit in the DPS account
- Provide a statement to the landlord
Let & Rent Collection
This is for landlords who want to manage the property but want ElliotLeigh to collect the rent. ElliotLeigh will introduce the tenant and advise on any legal requirements. This service includes all items included in Let only service plus:
- Collection of rental monies
- Payments to landlord by BACS
- Provide regular statements to landlords
- Using all possible means to collect outstanding rents from tenants
Looking after your property when let can be time consuming and stressful and most Landlords look to opt for our managed service to allow them to continue with their day to day life while knowing their property is being cared for by our dedicated customer service team. This service includes all items included in Let only service & Rent collection service plus:
- Arrange a tenant check in
- Arrange a tenant check out
- Arrange an inventory
- Notify the utilities companies / council tax of new tenants details
- Deal with day to day maintenance issues
- Carry out emergency repairs to the property on the landlords behalf
- Act as a point of contact to the tenant dealing with queries and problems
- Carry out inspections during the tenancy
- Arrange renewals of tenancy agreements
- Acting as the point of contact to when vacant procession is required.